Friday, December 10, 2010

Swamped!

Sorry for the silence from this end. The minute Thanksgiving break ended, I was thrust headlong into projects and schoolwork. Somehow, the idea to complete the writing for 2 albums before Christmas break comes up was an incredibly dumb one. However, that's good for those of you who read this blog. It gives you something to look forward to.

So let's see what I've been working on...

I suppose projects that'll be done later will be touched on first. Since the beginning of school I've been working with a fantastic singer named Laurie Anne Creus on an as yet untitled heavy rock/metal EP, among others. She's been the main driving factor that keeps the project alive, in addition to being a wonderful lyricist, something that I have no idea how to do. As of now, I think it's going to be 4 tracks, each with a couple of different singers in addition to Laurie Anne. There'll be updates about that as we near completion of the writing process and go into the studio to record it next semester.

Secondly, I've been working diligently with my industrial 2 piece, Salvation Denied, to try to bring an album to the masses. All that's left to do for that is finish writing soundbites to insert in the album (it's going to be a loose concept about the life of one Dr. Zwitter, a character invented and played by the other member of the band) and record them, as well as whatever vocal work we have left to do. Expect that in February. Hopefully.
If you want free tracks that we've completed so far, click here.

We've also been tasked to complete a Christmas 2 track album, which should be coming out in the next week or so. Entitled "A Very Salvation Christmas", it'll have renditions of Oh Come All Ye Faithful and Little Drummer Boy, because I felt like I didn't have enough work already.

Finally, one Andy Cahill contracted me to write a score for his upcoming movie over break. I have yet to see the film or get information on it, but that'll happen in the next couple of days. More to come.

Keep checking back for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment