Friday, March 4, 2011

Ladies, Gentleman... Welcome To The End Of The World

It's really happening today.

Waking up from an awful dream about your recital going wrong THE DAY of your recital isn't the best way to start the day. That, and the fact I woke up an hour before I slated my alarm to go off. And went to bed quite late. I'm running on pure adrenaline right now... I don't think I've been this wired in my entire life.

It's weird to see something you've been planning nonstop since the beginning of the semester finally come to fruition. I couldn't have done it without a ton of help from many people. My neighbors, for painting me an awesome abstract mural, Rachel for the posters, people helped me book tech, book rooms, get INTO rehearsal rooms, move gear...

You never really know how much work goes into one of these until you take a step back and really take a look at the scope of the project. This must be why acceptance speeches always leave out crucial people. There's so many who are important.

Like right now. Most importantly, I left out my ensemble, who've put up with me for the past month trying to schedule rehearsals and delivering music late and changing times to rehearse 3 or 4 times before they happen. Through it all, they just keep on playing, and keep on dancing. It makes me proud to not only call them wonderful musicians, but great friends as well. Thank you guys so much.

As for me? I'm going to sit here and freak out for a while until I can go get a sandwich.

See you all at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment